Randolph Salyers was named Director of Codes in May 2012 after serving in various codes positions for 16 years with the town of Smyrna. Most recently he was Building and Fire Inspector and Codes Enforcement Officer.
As director, he is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the codes department. He and his staff make sure that all municipal codes and city ordinances pertaining to property are followed.
Salyers also reviews building plans for compliance with technical standards, performs site inspections on commercial and residential structures, assists with municipal violations, serves as fire inspector, and serves as the Floodplain Administrator.
Salyers has obtained the following certifications from the International Codes Council:
- Building Inspector
- Building Plans Examiner
- Certified Building Code Official
- Certified Housing Code Official
- Certified Mechanical Code Official
- Certified Plumbing Code Official
- Fire Inspector I
- Mechanical Inspector
- Mechanical Plans Examiner
- Plumbing Inspector
- Plumbing Plans Inspector
- Property Maintenance and Housing Inspector
- Residential Combination Inspector
- Zoning Inspector