UPDATE (3/23/2020, 5:24 p.m. CST): City building lobbies will be closed indefinitely. More information is posted here for those who need to conduct city-related business.
UPDATE (3/23/2020, 3:00 p.m. CST): Beginning March 23, 2020, the City of La Vergne will waive all late fees for water and sewer bills and will not cut off service for non-payment during the COVID-19 pandemic through April 30, 2020. Water bills are still due and payable and everyone is expected to pay their bills. This is a way for the city to ease some of the stress and anxiety for our residents during this difficult time. We are encouraging everyone to make payments online at lavergnetn.gov or pay by calling (844) 347-8367. If you need to be put on a payment plan or if you have questions, contact the Water Billing Department at 615-793-5932.
UPDATE (3/19/2020, 4:17 p.m. CST): The La Vergne Public Library will remain closed until further notice.
UPDATE (3/17/2020, 7:30 a.m. CST): The annual Easter Egg Hunt has been postponed to April 11, 2020.
UPDATE (3/15/2020, 6:40 p.m. CST): The Citizens Police Academy has been postponed until further notice.
UPDATE (3/14/2020, 6:29 p.m. CST): All parks in the City of La Vergne will be closed indefinitely beginning Sunday, March 15, 2020. All greenways will remain open until further notice.
UPDATE (3/14/2020, 6:18 p.m. CST): The La Vergne Public Library will be closed starting Sunday, March 15 and will not open until after Saturday, March 21. Staff members will be working to deep clean the library during the closure.
ORIGINAL POST BELOW
Due to the declaration of a state of emergency for the State of Tennessee that was issued by Governor Lee, the declaration of a national emergency that was issued by President Trump and out of an abundance of caution, the City of La Vergne is taking precautions to help keep its citizens safe due to the recent positive diagnosis of COVID-19 in Rutherford County. The following scheduling changes will be made:
- The La Vergne Senior Center will be closed until further notice. City staff will be deep cleaning the center in the interim to ensure the center is clean and safe when the center does reopen.
- The La Vergne Public Library will be cancelling all extracurricular classes and programs. The library will remain open during their normal business hours.
- City court has been suspended and will not meet for the next two weeks (March 18 and 25).
Also, the following meetings will be cancelled until further notice:
- Greenway Advisory Committee
- Historical Preservation Advisory Committee
- Local Emergency Planning Committee
- Parks & Recreation Advisory Committee
- Senior Citizens Advisory Committee
If you have any questions or concerns, please direct them to your primary care physician for discussion. If you need more information about the COVID-19 virus, you can contact the CDC at 1-877-587-2945 or the Health Department at 615-741-7241.