The primary goal of the City of La Vergne Human Resources Department is to provide a quality workforce to carry out the services provided by the City for the citizens of our community.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The City of La Vergne is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability or veteran status in employment opportunities and benefits.
The City of La Vergne is a drug-free workplace. All candidates selected for any job opening must pass a physical exam and a drug screen before starting the job.
Employee salaries are approved by the Board of Mayor and Aldermen. Cost of living increases are determined on an annual basis as part of the city budget process by the Board of Mayor and Aldermen.
Employee benefits are approved by the Board of Mayor and Aldermen.
The following employee insurance premiums are paid at 100 percent:
- Dental Insurance for full time employees, their spouse, and their dependents.
- Disability Insurance.
- Employee Assistance Program - Confidential and Personal counseling.
- Health Insurance for regular full time employees, their spouse, and dependent children.
- Life Insurance for full time employees, their spouse and dependent children.
- Vision Care for full time employees, their spouse and dependent children.
Banking and Retirement
The following employee banking and retirement benefits are available:
- 401(a) Retirement Plan (fully vested from enrollment date). Administered by ICMA Retirement Corp.
- 457 Deferred Compensation Plan administered by ICMA Retirement Corp.
- Credit Union - sponsored by Ascend Credit Union.
Paid Time-OffThe following are Paid Time-Off benefits:
- Sick Leave (SL) - 9 days per year.
- Personal Leave (PTO) - 3 days per year.
- Vacation Leave (VL).
- 10 days for 1st year through 5th year of employment with annual accrual rate increases beginning at 6 years.
The following are additional benefits based on years of employment with the City of La Vergne.
- Full-time employees receive $50 per year up to a maximum of $700.
- Part-time employees receive $50 (dependent on hire date).
Classification of Employment
Works 40 hours or more per week and is entitled to all benefits and privileges of employment determined by the Board of Mayor and Aldermen.
Works 30 hours per week or less with no benefits entitlement.
May work 40 hours per week, but employment is time limited. Temporary employees are not entitled to benefits.
These employees are hired at a particular season of the year and terminated at the end of that season. There is no benefit entitlement.